Boateng family at war over key game

German Football
By German Football June 20, 2010 18:58

Boateng family at war over key game

Ghana could make history on Wednesday by knocking Germany out of the World Cup – and that would cause even more animosity in the warring Boateng household.

Brothers Jerome and Kevin-Prince Boateng have not spoken to each other for a month and there will be no love lost when they line up against each other in Johannesburg.

The pair, who play for Germany and Ghana respectively, fell out after Manchester City-bound Jerome criticised Portsmouth midfielder Kevin-Prince’s controversial FA Cup final challenge on Michael Ballack, which forced the Germany captain to miss the tournament.

“After the things he said about my foul on Michael Ballack, we fell out,” said Kevin-Prince.

“We see the event differently. I said to him that we should go our separate ways.”

Jerome retorted: “I don’t want any more contact with him. Kevin thought I should have defended him and criticised Ballack. Now I don’t care what he does. It really doesn’t interest me any more.”

The gloves are well and truly off and the feud has added spice because of the size of the stakes.

Germany have never failed to get out of the group stage, but face that reality following Friday’s shock 1-0 defeat by Serbia.

Kevin-Prince, whose name will be dirt in Germany if he does help to topple the country of his birth, has become a key figure in the Ghana midfield following the injury to Chelsea’s Michael Essien.

And he is ready for a hot reception from the German fans before the match on Wednesday, especially after his experience at the pre-tournament training camp in Frankfurt.

“The German fans took lots of pictures and wanted autographs, and only a few fans insulted me,” said Boateng.

“But one child took a picture with me and after the photo he asked for my name. I said ‘Kevin-Prince Boateng’ and he said ‘Oh no!’ and ran away.”

German Football
By German Football June 20, 2010 18:58
Write a comment

9 Comments

1. GHANABA(SON OF GHANA) June 20, 20:03

GHANA WILL DEFEAT GERMANY 2-0,AND JEROME BOATENG MUST LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED TO GERALD ASAMOAH,DAVID ODONKOR ETC WHO DECIDED TO PLAY FOR GERMANY.INFACT JEROME WILL BE THROWN OUT OF THE GERMAN TEAM AFTER THEIR DEFEAT FROM GHANA.
    THE BLACK STARS WILL SEND THE GERMAN TEAM WEEPING, TWO GERMAN PLAYERS I:E POLDOSKI,AND THE GOAL KEEPER WOULD BE SHOWN RED CARDS FOR STUPID ATTACKS ON KELVIN PRINCE BOATENG.

• Lireu June 20, 20:19

Maybe you should research a bit and see where and how those mentioned people play now (Gerald at a club coming from 2nd league, Odonkor mainly benchwarmer) before you accuse the german football team to have no interest in colored players. I bet you still believe in Nazis reigning over Germany. Idiot !

2. Mr. German June 20, 20:14

@ Ghanaba / Son of Ghana/ watever..
    Hahaha.. nice joke..U can keep dreaming..

3. Bellens June 20, 23:29

Ghanaba or wwhatever your name is.I think u dont know what you are talking about.Kevin Boateng can never make it to the German Final 30 man squad so you better shut up cos we dont care even a little about him.Die Mannschaft all the way!!!

4. GHANABA(SON OF GHANA) June 21, 20:19

i speak on authority Ghana 2 Germany-0
    ALL THE TWO GOALS WILL BE SCORED BY KELVIN BOATENG. POLDOSKI WILL RECEIVE A RED CARD.ALL GERMANS MUST START MOURNING.THE BLACK STARS OF AFRICA WILL PUT THE ALL BEER ADDICTED GERMANS TO SLEEP!!!!!!!!!

5. Woehner June 21, 21:25

HAHAHA Ghanabannana…Whatever ur silly name is…like everyone else is tellin u…jus be quiet and u hold ur breathe and turn blue for Ghana to win..

6. meteit June 22, 12:33

Surely, Ghana will make it to the round of 16.A win or a draw for Ghana will do it. With Kelvin Boateng, we can match the german machines on african soil. VICTORY GHANA…THIS IS AFRICA!!!!

Only registered users can comment.

Store